bad experience? tell US!
great experience? tell everyone else!
We ship by USPS, and those times can vary from 2 days to two weeks because of delays due to COVID shortages. The local post office is open 12pm-4pm Monday-Friday, which limits our ability to drop off packages at other times.
A "PRE-ORDER" means the item is not currently in stock, because it is in transit to us, and we expect it to will arrive any day. PRE-ORDER items are shipped in the order that were received, so just because the product may state that a pre-order item "may begin shipping on February 1", that does not mean your order will ship on February 1. Your order may in a queue behind 125 other pre-ordered orders that were placed, and they are filled on a "first-in, first-out basis".
Shipping is based on the weight of your order, and you will be charged the "actual cost" of shipping based on the weight of the products plus the weight of the packaging. Most of our packages are shipped by USPS (the United States Postal Service) as it is the most affordable option available to us.
US SHIPPING (shipping times are estimates)
0.1 ounce - 16 ounces = $6.95 USPS First Class Mail (5-7 days)
1.1 pounds - 2 pounds = $10.95 USPS Priority Mail (2-5 days)
2.1 pounds - 3 pounds = $14.95 USPS Priority Mail (2-5 days)
3.1 pounds & up = $17.95 USPS Priority Mail (2-5 days)
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING (prices vary depending on destination)
• Due to the USPS suspensions to Australia and NZ, we cannot ship to AU or NZ unless you have a US address issued by a SHIPPING FORWARDER, such as USA2ME.com, MyUS.com or STACKRY.com or something similar. If you have a shipping forwarder, use your US address to checkout.
We are a small, 2-person team with a high-volume of orders. Many of Melanie's custom items are HANDMADE, which means it can take several days to make them. Please allow us 5-7 BUSINESS DAYS (MONDAY-FRIDAY) to prepare and pack your order.
We appreciate & value your business and patience while we prepare each order with love & care!
returns & refunds.
Because we run a very small business, we cannot offer returns or offer refunds on orders at this time, but packages that are damaged by the USPS are automatically insured up to $50. You will have to file a claim with the United States Postal Service at USPS.com and provide supporting documentation before they will refund your money for damages.
We CAN accept exchanges if the following criteria applies:
• The item must be brand new & in its' unopened packaging.
Please follow these steps for exchanging an item or items from your order to ensure we are able to provide you with the best possible customer service experience.
1. Please contact us to let us know that you need to exchange an item from your order. Let us know which item you would like to would like to exchange your current item with, so that we can be sure we have it available in inventory, and then we can set it aside for you. If we do not have the item available, we can let you know when it will be back in inventory, so you will be aware of potential delays in the product exchange process.
2. You will be responsible for returning the product to us at your expense and are responsible for the shipping costs to mail out the new product. If there is a higher difference in price for the new item and the original item, you will be responsible for the overage. If the new item price is lower, the difference in price can be applied to the shipping fee.
3. We work exchanges into our orders as they arrive, and in the order that they are received, so please be aware it may take a few days of turn-around time to get your exchange back out to you. We are a two-woman crew...some days there is only one of us, so we appreciate your patience while we do our best to handle orders and customer service as expeditiously as possible.
If there is a problem with your order, WE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT! Before you post it on social media...before you tell everyone you "had a horrible experience at our online shop", please give us a chance to make it right! We can't fix it if we don't know about it.
With 40 years of customer experience between us in the food service and retail industry (and with "Melanie B's" name & reputation on the line), we always want to try to provide you with the most excellent custom service possible!
problems with an order...?
1. Contact us to let us know exactly what the problem is with your order...whether you are missing an item or
you received an incorrect product. If you receive a broken bottle, we will replace that, although we make every attempt to pack those as securely as possible. (If there is a damaged item besides a bottle, that is typically something that we aren't able to refund or replace since it is due to the mishandling of packages due to shipping services. That has to be addressed directly to the USPS and a claim has to be filed with them.)
2. We will request a photo of your packing slip. The reason we do that is because when your order is filled, we have three different processes in place to insure your order is fulfilled completely and accurately.
• As we pull each item, we put a tally mark to check off the quantity of the items pulled.
• Beside each item, we double check the quantities before placing them into the mailer and place a checkmark to show this second attempt has been made to insure the accuracy of your order.
• For ultimate accountability, the team member who fills your order initials the packing slip and adds their own "signature" smiley face to let you know the mailer was handled with love and care.
Since these steps were implemented, it is rare that an item is missing from a package. Occasionally, an incorrect item will be included, however, so we want to see a photo of what you received, so we can make it right!
3. For Missing Items, we will ship out the item as soon as possible, if it is in stock or offer you an alternative. If the item is not available, you will be given the option to wait for it to be restocked and offered priority shipping once it arrives.
For Incorrect Items, we will send you a prepaid label via email with our address,, and you can mail the incorrect item back to us. Once we see the item is in transit and headed our way, we will send you the correct item you ordered at our expense...of course!
Of course, we always appreciate your patience and understanding in these kinds of situations, since we run a "micro-sized" business.